Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Back to school & my birthday girls

When did it become August?!

Wasn't it just the beginning of Summer? Now, it is mid-August, and life is about to shift once again in this household. My DH is a teacher, so he is home all summer with us, and I LOVE IT. Even though he makes me crazy at times (just being a guy and thinking like one all the time). Now, he'll go back and I'll be having withdrawal for a time again. And so will the kiddos.
Also, my oldest son will begin 1st grade. Someone could have reminded me that once children get to this year, they begin to spend more awake time at school than at home! I'm having a bit of trouble grasping this. My thoughts are turning to home-schooling. And he LOVES school SO much. That would really be sad to him at this stage. But, I am really working to adjust to the whole idea.

AND, if that isn't enough of an adjustment for this mommy of 4, my next oldest child will begin Pre-K this September. So, 3 days a week he'll be gone all morning too. He is my snuggly guy, and he prides himself on following the rules and being the first one to do what we ask, so I'm REALLY gonna miss that sweet guy!

Then, I have to also come to grips with the idea that my DD who I seriously blinked and she grew from baby to little girl overnight . . . well, she just turned 3 yesterday. Miss Independent. Miss put on clip-clop shoes and a fancy dress and then go out back and play in the mud. She is 3 now. Holy COW! Wasn't it just yesterday when her greatest ambition of the day was to nurse as often as the new baby did?

And now, the baby. SHE WILL BE A YEAR OLD NEXT MONTH! I'm not sure if I can take it. It is crazy to me. By December, all the kids wil be on odd years. And odd years always sound SO much older to me than even years. 7, 5, 3 and 1. When did that happen? How is 6 1/2 years ago since I became a mommy?

Well, this 6 1/2 year old mommy needs her rest. Tomorrow is my first day back on solo-stay-at-home-parent duty!

Back to school for us!
Love,
Kaycee

No comments:

Bookmark and Share